Chapel Community Service (CCS)
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10)
Chapel Community Service, based at The Chapel’s Green Campus, connects people from inside the church to people in need outside the church. The ministry is externally focused and blesses our communities in a variety of ways.
Check out the CCS Web site for current updates of the calendar of events and photos.
In January, a team of 43 served in Haiti providing medical care, construction help, data entry, Bible lessons, prayer, outreach to the disabled, love for the kids and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Ways to get involved in 2014:
- Friends of Briarwood: Volunteers from The Chapel have been ministering to adults and kids in this community for years but God has really opened up hearts to hear more about Him lately. This low-income housing complex has a history of violence, drug activity and vandalism. The kids are teased at school because they don’t dress the same as the other kids and are known as the “Briarwood Kids.” All throughout the year we spread God’s love by having Bible studies, times of prayer, serving meals, singing songs, playing sports, free haircuts, backpack and school supplies giveaways, doing crafts, having After School Programs, sharing a Thanksgiving meal together and celebrating the birth of Christ at Christmastime.
- Prayer Requests: Be part of praying for Chapel Community Service ministry: For wisdom, strength, discernment, encouragement, financial provision, safety, friends at Briarwood to know the Lord; babies to be saved and brokenness to be healed at the Pregnancy Support Center; spiritual growth and for the hearts of non-believers to soften and turn to Jesus Christ.
- Green Campus Events: Serving food at the Green High School Baccalaureate, Annual Church Picnic, Vacation Bible School and Sporting Events.
- Pregnancy Support Center: Volunteer at the center, volunteer at fundraising events.
- Mexico/Hartville Migrant Workers: We are hoping to incorporate this outreach in two locations, Mexico and Hartville. Spanish-speaking Mexican pastors have visited the Hartville area and a team of students went to Mexico. Ministry will continue in both locations.
- Base Camp: Help with loading and unloading trailers, keeping the equipment cleaned and maintained.
- Baking Ministry: Do you like to bake? Cookies are needed at all of the above events from time to time, plus every month there are about 2,000 delivered to organizations and ministries in the community with love and appreciation for what they do. Bake at home, deliver to the Cookie Freezer at church and other volunteers make deliveries.
- Disaster Relief: We are always on alert to natural disasters in the United States. Food servers, general labor are usually the most useful immediately after the disaster. Helping rebuild the communities comes later. We strive to stay within 500 miles of Akron, but if the disaster is catastrophic farther away, we may go anyway.
Amazing friendships of those who serve together – and those we serve – have formed over the years. Join us. We would like to meet you. No special skills needed, just a willing heart.
All ages can participate in most outreach events.