At The Chapel
A lot goes on behind the scenes at The Chapel. Throughout the week, our campuses are buzzing with activity supporting the goals and many ministries that make up our church.
Part-time maintenance (general labor), Green and Akron
- Must be familiar with basic power tools.
- A working knowledge of lawn care, painting and light equipment.
- High school diploma and two years experience required.
Part-time custodial, Green
- Must be available to work Sundays and may include some evenings.
- Click link below for application or ask for one at the welcome center.
Part-time Worship Ministry Arts Assistant, Green
- Proficiency in Mac computers and logistics as they relate to scheduling volunteers, planning events and keeping track of details.
- Able to read music and understand the instruments of an orchestra as it relates to providing the correct music for each instrumentalist.
- Must be Green Campus regular attendee.
Part-time Graphic Designer
- College graduate (Graphic Design, Marketing or Communications) or equivalent work-related experience.
- Three to five years experience in printing processes and marketing procedures.
- A sense of creativity, design, communication and problem solving skills with an eye for details.
- Art training; specifically the knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration, color theory, typesetting, photography and printing processes.
- Specialized computer software training necessary to produce professional quality artwork including: Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and/or other desktop publishing utilities.
- At least two years experience utilizing computer design software.
- Desire to collaborate and work within a team structure.
- Ability to be flexible in an environment that is subject to frequent change and pressing deadlines.
- Working knowledge of copiers and print equipment.
- Chapel membership required.
Info & Interest:
- To apply for any of the current job openings, please email your resume to Human Resources.
- Chapel employment application
- Mailing address: The Chapel, ATTN: Human Resources, 135 Fir Hill, Akron, OH 44304
- Contact Amy Butcher at 330.315.5510.
Additional Job Opportunities in the Area
One of the responsibilities of the church is to help prepare and train the next generation of pastors and church leaders. To help in this effort The Chapel, in conjunction with the Akron Extension of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, has established a two-year, full-time, paid pastoral internship program.
Internship opportunities are open to both men and women in a variety of areas including student ministries, college ministries, worship/proclamation, and community groups. Openings for internships occur at various times throughout the year.
Contact Joey Martin, 330.315.5511.