General Needs at All Campuses
- Photographers - at all campuses. We’d like to have several people who can be emailed about upcoming events that we’d like a photographer to cover. Professionals not required, just someone who likes to take photos and has a decent camera. Contact Breanna.
- Videographer – Someone who has a background in video and can help shoot and edit short videos for use throughout the church and on the website. Contact Grant.
- Marketing Advisory Board – Are you the department head or manager of a communications or marketing department? We’d like your input. Join our advisory board that will meet twice a year to brainstorm ideas and opportunities for The Chapel. Contact Breanna.
SUNDAY SERVICE VOLUNTEERS
- Ushers – for all services. Serve weekly, or once/twice a month, or as a substitute. Distribute bulletins, collect the offering, and help to welcome our congregation to worship.*
- Greeters – for all hours on Sundays. Serve weekly or as a substitute, welcoming both guests and regular attendees as they enter our buildings. Requires a warm, friendly smile and a welcoming attitude.*
- Welcome Center Hosts – needed at all services. Welcome people with a warm smile and help direct them to their classes and programs as needed, as well as supplying them with information about Chapel events.*
*Akron, contact Carolyn at 330.315.5449.
*Green, contact Pam at 330.315.5951.
*Wadsworth, contact Anita at 330.330.315.5421.
FUNERAL MEAL SERVERS—HOSPITALITY MINISTRY
Has God blessed you with the gift of compassion? Join our team of caring volunteers who serve a meal to grieving families after the funeral service of a loved one.
Contact Amy at 330.315.5510.
If you would like to join the hospital or shut-in visitation team and serve once or twice a month.
Contact Mike at 330.315.5465.
Courier between the Akron and Green campuses (one round trip), early afternoon. As a substitute, you will be called as needed.
Contact Pam Wolf.
COMMUNITY GROUP KIOSK VOLUNTEERS
Several shifts at the Akron and Green campuses are available. Volunteers will be trained to direct congregation members into Community Groups suited to their needs.
Contact Debbie at 330.315.5910.
LANDSCAPE VOLUNTEERS—FACILITIES DEPARTMENT
- Skill in weeding, edging, planting, mulching, watering flower beds
- Basic knowledge of plant growth and seasonal requirements of plants
- Physical strength to handle the tools and equipment needed to perform the work of gardening
- Physical stamina to work on the grounds during the hot summer months
Available at least 10 hours a month to be scheduled at a time that is convenient for you.
Contact Gary at 330.315.5447.
THROUGH THE ROOF—DISABILITY MINISTRY
Assist and lead on Sunday mornings at any campus.
Contact Margaret at 330.315.5522.
CHAPEL TECH ARTS
Seeking new volunteers for all positions, including: audio & lighting engineers, camera operators, and video/computer systems personnel. People needed at all campuses/venues. Training provided.
Contact Rick at 330.315.5633.
MISSIONS DEPARTMENT VOLUNTEERS
- Chapel Internationals: “American Host Experience” – invite an international for an “American” dinner at your home.
- International Friday Night Dinners – need volunteers to bring food for these dinners.
- English classes for Internationals – volunteers needed to teach internationals who want to learn English.
Contact Todd 330.315.5565.
DATA ENTRY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Every ministry at The Chapel could use a volunteer (or two!) to enter information into our records.
Contact Shannon 330.315.5529.
Volunteers needed for special events (i.e. concerts, lectures, conferences). This involves a minimal time commitment and includes the gift of admission to the event.
Contact Tammy at 330.315.5606.
Meet Friday mornings in the Conference Room at both the Akron and Green Campus, 6:30 to 7:30 AM. You do not need to register, and you do not need to commit to every week, just have a willing heart and come when you can. Join other men to pray for Sunday services, church leaders, etc.